Professional Product Management
NEW: 1-day compact seminar with Ingo Lewerendt
Ideal quick introduction to Product Management
(seminar language: english)
Learn how product management works, which requirements Product Managers should meet, which processes, documents and tools are useful.
Find out what multiplies the success of Product Managers. Understand the mind set of the “entrepreneur in the company” and what is important for product success in practice.
Recognize in good time which trends of „New Product Management for the 20th“ are relevant for you. The special feature: You gain best practice know-how and valuable suggestions in a very short time.
In our compact seminar
„Crash course Professional Product Management“
you will find out:
- Why product management is absolutely required for securing the future
- Which tasks, roles and competencies Product Managers have
- Which tools Product Managers should use
- How Product Managers create the basis for for the success of new products
- How PMs launch products internationally and manage the life cycle
- Classic and agile product management. What are the differences?
- Which forms of organization in product management are conducive or inhibiting?
- Why Product Managers need a lean product strategy
- How the interfaces to development, marketing and sales work securely
- Which processes and documents product management needs
- How professional product management helps to increase the sales and contribution margin potential of products
Anyone who wants to understand how professional product management works
Newcomers and those who want to update their knowledge
Employees and leaders from:
■ Product Management
■ Business Development
■ Industry Management
■ Innovation Management
Your contribution to the company’s success
„Anyone who wants to survive in the market needs innovative and above all successful products. In my many years of experience as a consultant / trainer, I have advised more than 180 successful companies, including companies with top global positions. In the search for the rules of the successful, I came across the success factor “product management” very early on. The amazing thing: all particularly successful companies had one thing in common. Not only were they above average market and customer-oriented, they also had a very well-functioning product management system. Companies with professional product management grow faster and generate higher earnings than their competitors.“ Peter Kairies, CEO MSC Management Seminar Center.
The Product Manager makes a significant contribution to securing the future of the company.
Deepen your PM knowledge in 1 day
■ highly competent
NEW: Toolbox with many templates INCLUDED
Seminar content „Crash course Professional Product Management“
1. Why the importance of product management continues
is increasing. What is the position of the PM in the company?
■ Success factor speed of innovation and market-driven products
■ Forms of organisation, advantages and disadvantages
■ Requirements, tasks
■ Processes, competences
2. Classic and agile product management (SCRUM)
■ Typical roles: Product Manager, Product Owner
■ Advantages and disadvantages
■ What, for what?
3. Key factors for the success of new products
■ Product management influence
4. Tools and practical examples
■ Market and competitive analyses
■ Overview of methods, techniques and tools (MSC Praxistoolbox for Product Managers)
■ Strengths-weaknesses analyses, SWOT
■ Product comparisons, benchmarking
■ Evaluation of key buying factors
■ Product and market life cycle analyses (PLCM)
■ Market segment potential analyses
■ Product application matrix
5. Business case, requirements profile, specifications and functional specifications.
Product backlog. Who is responsible for what?
■ Requirements management
■ Product definition process and team
■ Product vision and business case
■ Structure, content, example of requirements profiles (requirements specification, MRD)
■ Product Backlog
6. Strategic role of the Product Manager
■ Formulation of the product strategy
■ Product portfolio management
7. Visualization of product roadmaps.
■ Example + tool for the roadmap
8. Cooperation with sales, development, marketing and other departments
■ Understanding of roles
■ Reduction of interface conflicts
9. Introduction of products into international markets
■ Launch strategy. The right timing
■ Launch plan, budgeting
■ Activities and checklists
■ Targeted use of the marketing mix instruments
10. Practical example: Presenting products effective to target groups.
Arguing more convincingly than competitors
■ Creating a master argumentation
■ Presenting new products to sales and customers
■ Overview of modern tools and argumentation techniques
11. Practical example: Increase marketing performance
■ Interface to marketing
■ Briefing content correctly
■ Use of benefit messages, USP‘s
■ Internet presence, trade fairs
■ Launch package, sales support
12. Controlling tasks in product management
■ Product lifecycle management and KPI‘s
13. Outphasing products
■ Phases, activities, role of the PM
14. Success factors in product management
■ MSC Product Management Annual Report
■ Trends „New Product Management for the 20th“
Speaker / trainer
|Ingo Lewerendt is a trainer and coach specialising in the topics of requirements management, business development, product management and innovation management.|
He studied communications engineering and has about 20 years of practical experience as a Product Manager, director of product management, director of product strategy and head of strategic business development. For years, he has been passing on his know-how in addition to his training activities as a speaker and workshop leader, e.g. at the MSC annual conference for Product Managers.
1-day compact seminar
Live online seminar:
Seminar location: Home office or workplace
Participation fee: 740,- Euro plus VAT
January 26, 2022
May 24, 2022
November 23, 2022
Live online seminar:
9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (CET)
Live online seminar:
workplace or home office